Image hosted by servimg.com


Tuesday, August 26, 2008

"Malam Temasek"

Event: Singapore 43rd National Day Celebration
Date: 24th August 2008
Time: 7.00 pm
Place: Singapore High Commission in Subok

On Sunday, me&my parents attended this S'pore Community Night. We were thankful that this year's tickets were quite cheap and thus, 3 of us could afford to go together.hehe. The tickets were sold at a subsidized price of $10/person, so have to thank the sponsors for this event^^ This year's National Day celebration was a bit different as it took place at the High Commission with hawker-like foodstalls and casual dress code. It's also the "eat-all-you-can" type as you can eat as much as you like from different stalls. Thus, I think because it is different, there were lot more people who turned up this year and I heard mostly non-Singaporeans.haha. And I only saw a few familiar faces that night.

I remember there were stallholders from Shikai, D'Other Office, Axtivo, and HealthyVege. There were I think 2 more that I don't know from where. Hmmm..anyways when it's time to start eating, everyone rushed and queued up at the stalls but I seriously had a hard time to get the food.lol. So when the people were getting the food, I was busy taking pix and waited til' there weren't so many people queuing.haha. My mom was very happy coz Shikai was there to serve her favourite roasted duck!ahaha. Shikai also had a stall there for promoting their mooncakes and I'd tried one of the mini crystal mooncake. I like it! But they only sell in 1 box (8 pcs) and it's quite expensive for me. I shall think about it again since there's still 3 more weeks before the festival.hehe

Ok..let's get to the pix:

The stalls at the beginning of the buiding and these stalls ran til' the other end of the building.ahaha.
Image hosted by servimg.com
Image hosted by servimg.com Image hosted by servimg.com Image hosted by servimg.com Image hosted by servimg.com

The entrance to the hall. There were also some stalls inside and some were selling foodstuffs too.
Image hosted by servimg.com
Image hosted by servimg.com Image hosted by servimg.com Image hosted by servimg.com Image hosted by servimg.com

My first plate of food~ very rojak coz I took a bit of everything to try.haha
Image hosted by servimg.com
Image hosted by servimg.com Image hosted by servimg.com Image hosted by servimg.com Image hosted by servimg.com

My 2nd plate of food~ also rojak but mostly veggies, toufu, and mee.haha
Image hosted by servimg.com
Image hosted by servimg.com Image hosted by servimg.com Image hosted by servimg.com Image hosted by servimg.com

Pretty fruits decoration :)
Image hosted by servimg.com
Image hosted by servimg.com Image hosted by servimg.com Image hosted by servimg.com Image hosted by servimg.com

Before we went home, we had the chance to take pix with Singapore's High Commissioner&his wife~ Mr.&Mrs. Joseph Koh.
Image hosted by servimg.com
Image hosted by servimg.com Image hosted by servimg.com Image hosted by servimg.com Image hosted by servimg.com

I was kinda sad coz I thought there would be "Mee Rebus" coz almost every S'pore functions that I went had Mee Rebus. I was so excited and craving for it but they don't have. I wonder Millenium or Riverview still have Singapore's Mee Rebus or not. haha.

That night we missed the Olympic's Closing Ceremony...only got to watch the last 20 minutes. But it's good enough coz I love the fireworks at the end!!! Soo nice especially when the bird nest stadium's put out fireworks in the middle and looked very glitter-ish.Wowww! So fast end of Olympics 2008. The next Olympics will be in England in 2012. :)

No comments: